The 2017 Pinkathon San Francisco will take place on SATURDAY morning, October 21, 2017 starting at 6:30 AM at the San Francisco Ferry Building. Meet in front of the Northwest Entrance of the SF Ferry Building by Gott’s Roadside Restaurant. Look for the Pink Balloons! Public Bathrooms and Drinking Fountains are available just inside the Northwest Entrance of the Ferry Building.
Recommended distances are 50K, 26.2M, 13.1M, 10M, 10K, 5K and 2Hr Scavenger Hunt. For all distances EXCEPT the 50K and the Scavenger Hunt, the course is out-and-back along the San Francisco waterfront and the Golden Gate Bridge. The 50K includes a LOOP on dirt trails in the Marin Headlands and back to the GG Bridge before heading back to the start. All other distances have a specific turn-around point. We have downloadable Maps and Turn-By-Turn instructions for each distance. Please print out your own maps and instructions before you arrive. We will have a limited number of extra maps and instructions available at Pinkathon Check-in. Since this is an unofficial and un-timed fun-run, you can start anytime you want and run any distance you want.
START and END TIMES:
- Marathon and 50K Early Start: 7:30 AM (You can start earlier or later if you want, but if you want to run with others, pick one of the official start times.)
- Raffle: 7:45 AM (Marathon & 50K runners are still eligible to win prizes, even though they are already running.)
- Marathon and 50K Regular Start: 8:00 AM
- Half Marathon: 8:01 AM
- 10M: 8:02 AM
- 10K: 8:03 AM
- 5K: 8:04 AM
- Scavenger Hunt: 8:05 AM We will give instructions and assign people to teams based on preferred distance and speed.
- Scavenger Hunt Finish: 10:00 AM – All participants must be back at the Start/Finish so we can tabulate team scores.
- Pinkathon Finish Area Closes at 4:00 PM Sharp. All runners/walkers must be back by then or else we will take your gear bags home with us!
*Many thanks to Brian Ladrillono and Michael Li for creating the Pinkathon Course Maps and Descriptions.
5K Course Map and Description
Sign-in between 6:30 AM-7:30AM. Start time: 8:05 AM. Out-and-back course along the waterfront. Turn-around at the Aquarium. We will mark the turn-around with chalk. Maps are coming.
10K Course Map and Description
Sign-in between 6:30 AM-7:30AM. Start time: 8:02 AM. Out-and-back course along the waterfront.