The 2018 Pinkathon San Francisco will take place on SATURDAY morning, October 27, 2018 starting at 6:30 AM at the San Francisco Ferry Building. Meet in front of the Northwest Entrance of the SF Ferry Building by Gott’s Roadside Restaurant. Look for the Pink Balloons! Public Bathrooms and Drinking Fountains are available just inside the Northwest Entrance of the Ferry Building.
Recommended distances are 50K, 26.2M, 13.1M, 10M, 10K, 5K, a Pink Ribbon Run (4 miler) and an Adventurethon (2Hrs) Scavenger Hunt! For all distances EXCEPT the 50K, the Pink Ribbon 4 miler and the Adventurethon Scavenger Hunt, the course is out-and-back along the San Francisco waterfront and the Golden Gate Bridge. The 50K includes a LOOP on dirt trails in the Marin Headlands and back to the GG Bridge before heading back to the start. All other distances have a specific turn-around point. We have downloadable Maps and Turn-By-Turn instructions for each distance. Please print out your own maps and instructions before you arrive. We will have a limited number of extra maps and instructions available at the Pinkathon Check-in. Since this is an unofficial and un-timed fun-run, you can start anytime you want and run any distance you want.
START and END TIMES:
- Marathon and 50K Early Start: 7:15 AM (You can start earlier or later if you want, but if you want to run with others, pick one of the official start times.)
- Raffle: 7:45 AM (Marathon & 50K runners are still eligible to win prizes, even though they are already running.)
- Marathon and 50K Late Start: 8:00 AM
- Half Marathon: 8:01 AM
- 10M: 8:02 AM
- 10K: 8:03 AM
- Pink Ribbon Run (4 Miler): 8:04 AM
- 5K: 8:05 AM
- Adventurethon Team Scavenger Hunt with Group Selfies: 8:06 AM. We will give instructions and assign people to teams based on preferred distance and speed.
- Adventurethon Finish: 10:00 AM – All members of All Teams must be back at the Start/Finish so we can tabulate team scores.
- 2PM – Deadline to validate your Parking Tickets for the 250 Clay Street Garage. Must be validated at the CUESA Farmers Market Info Booth (tent) near the entrance to the Ferry Building and a little South.
- Pinkathon Finish Area Closes at 4:00 PM Sharp. All runners/walkers must be back by then or else we will take your gear bags home with us!
*Many thanks to Brian Ladrillono and Michael Li for creating the Pinkathon Course Maps and Descriptions.
5K Course Map and Description
Sign-in between 6:30 AM-7:30AM. Start time: 8:05 AM. Out-and-back course along the waterfront. Turn-around at the Aquarium-By-The-Bay at Pier 39. We will mark the turn-around with chalk. Maps are at: http://pinkathon.org/pinkathon-maps.
10K Course Map and Description
Sign-in between 6:30 AM-7:30AM. Start time: 8:02 AM. Out-and-back course along the waterfront. Turn-around at Marina Blvd. and Fillmore Street will be marked with chalk. Maps are at: http://pinkathon.org/pinkathon-maps.