In 2020, the Pinkathon San Francisco will be a Virtual Event during the month of October. In a Virtual Event, you can run or walk whatever distance you want – WHEREVER YOU WANT! We will not be able to do a regular in-person event this year due to COVID Restrictions. However, you are still welcome to use the same course – just make sure to wear a MASK and keep at least 6 feet away from other people while you do this!
Unfortunately, we will NOT be able to meet this year at the outdoor patio for Gott’s Roadside at the SF Ferry Building. This is because Gott’s needs to use this area exclusively for dining for it’s PAID customers, who must do outdoor social distancing due to COVID. We will have a small number of participants meet with masks and social distancing protocols and face masks near the SF Ferry Building on Saturday, October 24, 2020, at 9am PST. Please pre-register at https://pinkathon.com so that we can safely limit attendance. We will only send meeting location instructions to those who preregister online at https://pinkathon.com.
Please look at this map carefully if you have never been here before. Click here for Google Maps coordinates
- Embarcadero BART station is open 8am – 9pm on weekends. Plan your trip at https://www.bart.gov/
- Caltrain also runs on Saturdays, the earliest train arriving in SF @ 8:52am. Then take a Taxi/Uber to the Ferry Building. https://www.caltrain.com/schedules/weekend-timetable.html
- Parking on Saturdays: the best deal is Embarcadero Center 3 Parking Lot, which is $3 per hour without validation, or $2 for 0-4 hours with validation at the CUESA Info Booth (normal rates of apply after 4 hours). Hours are 7am – Midnight on Weekends. The Embarcadero Center 3 Parking Lot entrance is on Clay Street near the intersection with Drumm. Google Map: https://goo.gl/maps/kwegWfHCW4GAnWxc9
- For parking validation, go to the CUESA Farmers Market Info Booth is in front of the SF Ferry Building and is only open during the hours of the Farmers Market (8am-2pm). https://cuesa.org/markets/visit
- The parking lot at 250 Clay Street is currently CLOSED on Saturdays during COVID.
- The CUESA Ferry Building Farmers Market will be open 8am-2pm, with masks and social distancing and other Covid-19 protocols required
Drive, Park & BART:
- On Saturdays, it’s FREE to park at the BART stations that have parking, although you still have to pay for your BART ticket. To see which BART Stations offer Free Parking, go to http://www.bart.gov/ Remember: Whatever BART Station you use to get to the Ferry Building, make sure you EXIT at the EMBARCADERO Bart Station!
- If you are driving from points EAST of San Francisco, one of the most convenient BART Stations to the Pinkathon SF is the West Oakland BART Station, which services trains from ALL BART lines and has loads of parking. If you are driving from points South of San Francisco, you might park at Daly City BART Station, which is also a stop on ALL BART lines. Many other BART Stations offer free parking too. For more info, go to: http://www.bart.gov/.
- Many other BART Stations have LARGE Parking lots which are FREE to the public on weekends. For more info, go to: http://www.bart.gov.
BRIDGE TOLLS: If you are driving and crossing a bridge, expect bridge tolls up to $6 and plan for delays at toll plazas, especially INTO SF after 8 AM.