The Pinkathon SF Start/Finish is in front of Gott’s Roadside at the Northwest Entrance of the San Francisco Ferry Building on The Embarcadero, between Market Street and Washington Street. Please look at this map carefully if you have never been here before. Click here for Google Maps coordinates.
- Please arrive between 6:30 AM and 7:30 AM to sign in and get maps and instructions!
- Marathon & 50K Runners have an optional early start time of 7:15 AM.
- All other distances start at 8:00 AM
- Taking BART or Muni is highly recommended. IMPORTANT UPDATE: On the Antioch-SFO-Millbrae Line, there is NO SERVICE between Walnut Creek and Orinda. Busses will be available, but expect delays of up to 40 minutes! Instead, please drive to Rockridge, MacArthur, or West Oakland BART stations and park FREE all day on Saturday!
- The Golden Gateway Parking Garage, 250 Clay Street, opens at 7 AM, so if you are planning to arrive or start before 7 AM, you should travel by BART/MUNI or get a ride.) See below for more detailed instructions.
- The Zumba Warmup goes from about 7:15am – 7:40m.
- Announcement start at 7:30am sharp, followed by the Pinkathon Raffle. All runners who have CHECKED IN by 7:40 AM and have made a donation to the charity are eligible to win prizes.
- For most people, BART & Muni will be the best way to get to the Start/Finish.
- Embarcadero BART and Muni Station is the closest stop. It takes less than 5 minutes to walk from Embarcadero Station to Gott’s Roadside at the SF Ferry Building!
- IMPORTANT UPDATE: On the Antioch-SFO-Millbrae Line, there is NO SERVICE between Walnut Creek and Orinda. Busses will be available, but expect delays of up to 40 minutes! Instead, please drive to Rockridge, MacArthur, or West Oakland BART stations and park FREE all day on Saturday!
- For door-to-door public transportation schedules for Bay Area residents, go to: 511.org For BART schedules, go to http://www.bart.gov
Drive, Park & BART:
- On Saturdays, it’s FREE to park at the BART stations that have parking, although you still have to pay for your BART ticket. To see which BART Stations offer Free Parking, go to http://www.bart.gov/ Remember: Whatever BART Station you use to get to the Ferry Building, make sure you EXIT at the EMBARCADERO Bart Station!
- If you are driving from points EAST of San Francisco, one of the most convenient BART Stations to the Pinkathon SF is the West Oakland BART Station, which services trains from ALL BART lines and has loads of parking. If you are driving from points South of San Francisco, you might park at Daly City BART Station, which is also a stop on ALL BART lines. Many other BART Stations offer free parking too. For more info, go to: http://www.bart.gov/.
- Many other BART Stations have LARGE Parking lots which are FREE to the public on weekends. For more info, go to: http://www.bart.gov.
PARKING near the Ferry Building – Golden Gateway Garage:
- There is $3.00 ALL DAY PARKING (validation required*) at the Golden Gateway Garage, 250 Clay Street, San Francisco, CA.
- This garage opens at 7:00 AM, and there is often a line to get in. Please arrive early and allow extra time to park here, to account for the line! Golden Gateway Garage is the ONLY parking garage that offers this deal, specifically for the Saturday Farmers Market. The garage closes at 10:00 PM. Google Map .
- PARKING VALIDATION: to get the $3.00 All Day price, get your parking ticket validated at the CUESA Farmers Market Info Booth in the front of the Ferry Building. The CUESA Farmers Market Info Booth is open from 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM. If you plan to finish after 2:00 PM, you should ask a friend to validate your parking ticket. Otherwise, you will be charged $8 for Saturday parking. GET VALIDATED!
- Street Parking is NOT recommended since it starts at 7AM and the metered rates can be very expensive. For more info about street parking, go to: https://www.sfmta.com/maps/parking-meter-locations-and-rates
BRIDGE TOLLS: If you are driving and crossing a bridge, expect bridge tolls up to $6 and plan for delays at toll plazas, especially INTO SF after 8 AM.