How to Set Up a Pinkathon Fundraising Page on BCRF’s Website
1. Go to the 2017 Pinkathon San Francisco Team Fundraising Page for BCRF at https://give.bcrfcure.org/2017PinkathonSF and click the orange “Join Team” button on the left hand side.
2. You will be transferred to a page that allows you to “Create an Account” using Facebook, or just using your email. These directions will be for using your email.
3. Skip “Use Facebook” Button. Below that button see in small print, “Or use your email.”
4. Enter your email address and create a password. Click “Next” button.
5. You will be taken to a box that says “Complete Your Profile.” Enter a First Name and a Last Name. Then click on “Sign Up” button.
6. You will be taken to a page that says “Hey (Your Name)! Finish Up Below”. Create your page title, such as “Diva’s 2017 Pinkathon SF Fundraiser.” Then type in a fundraising goal, such as $5000. Then it says “Create a Short URL for your page.” Type in a short tag such as “Divas2017” which will create your Personal or Group Fundraising Link like
“https://give.bcrfcure.org/Divas2017” that you will be able to use in your fundraising letters, emails and online posts. Then type in your phone numbers and address info, and click on “Save and Finish.”
7. You will automatically join the team and be taken to your personal fundraising page that you can customize.
8. In the middle of the page, you will see a dark gray navigation bar that has tabs that say “My Story” and “Updates” and “Edit Your Page” and “Donations”. First you want to select “Edit Your Page.” Here, you can upload a photo of yourself, and personalize your message and thank you email to your future donors. For an example of how someone else customized their personal fundraising page, go to https://give.bcrfcure.org/2017EllenPinkathonSF.
9. When you are finished editing your page, click on the button “Update Your Page” at the bottom of the page.
10. You will receive an email from the Breast Cancer Research Foundation with the subject line “Your Fundraising Page has been Created!” That email will also confirm your fundraising page link, such as “https://give.bcrfcure.org/Divas2017.”
So now, your fundraising page should be finalized and you can start writing emails and posting your link to your Facebook page! We’ll be giving you more fundraising ideas along the way and you can always go back and make updates using the “Edit Your Page” tab.
If you have any questions or run into any issues while setting up your fundraising page, please feel free to contact Christine Ward at the Breast Cancer Research Foundation – email@example.com / 646.497.2638
Thank you for your interest in joining the Pinkathon SF Fundraising Team which supports the Breast Cancer Research Foundation!